Thursday, May 08, 2008

Once more, with feeling...

There is NO such thing as wizardry.
I know, I know. Bold move starting a post with a firm declarative of the blindingly obvious. But I found this in the the JREF forums:
Fla. Teacher Accused Of Wizardry - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando
Teacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.
Okay, so he's a teacher who does slightly twee entertainment in class before covering the French Revolution. Big deal.
Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.
"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.
Piculas said he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action.
The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.
Okay, folks. Can I call you folks? Can you move a little closer to the screen? A bit closer I want to keep this between us. Bit closer.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WIZARDRY, YOU FUCKING MORONS!
I hope we've cleared that up.

Addendum: Damn it. The rev. beat me there.

No comments: