Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I was wondering why I can never get a donut at Tim's after 11


Canada tokes at 4 times world average: UN
Canadians use marijuana at four times the world average, making Canada the leader of the industrialized world in cannabis consumption, a recent United Nations report found.

My wife is very anti-drugs and will definitely have a lot to say about this. Me, I don't use but I don't care much about drugs.
I do care about rational public policy and as such I think we should tear down the existing policies and redraw them around a minimal harm and medical rehabilitation framework.
That's why my wife and I don't talk about these things much.
And for the British Tory point of view:
Tories highlight cannabis dangers in drug blueprint | Politics | The Observer
The health risks of cannabis are so great that it should now be reclassified as a class B drug, carrying much greater penalties for possession and trafficking, says David Cameron's new blueprint for dealing with Britain's growing addiction problems.

Meaning it should be reclassified much with the harder drugs, especially because:
He added: 'The real effect is on young kids who take it. We regularly have kids who take it at the age of 11 or 12. If your brain is growing, you can kiss goodbye to that - by the time you are 16 or 17 you will be in a psychotic state. It is an enormously dangerous drug, but a lot of middle-class families don't see that.'

Just go read this, okay?
Medical Information on Hemp / Marijuana
Medical Information on Marijuana


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: