Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recently I've been so proud of my fellow Canadians.

I don't see why that should end.
Canadians Separate Religion from Politics: Angus Reid Global Monitor
Many adults in Canada believe politics and religion should not mix, according to a poll by Angus Reid Strategies. 66 per cent of respondents think it is inappropriate for political candidates to talk about their religious beliefs as part of their political campaigns.

Let's compare that to the espoused leanings of the religious in the US, shall we? Hunh, look at that. I don't even need to look it up. I just have to remember the Rick Warren debates from last week.
Speaking of the Rick Warren Commission, check this out:
In addition, 82 per cent of respondents believe it is inappropriate for
religious leaders to urge people to vote for or against a political
candidate.
Pope, keep it under your enormous hat. Rick Warren, shove off. Anybody who is part of any group with Family in the title, STFU.

No comments: