Friday, February 29, 2008

This is not, not, not promising.

I have a real problem with the whole brown-people paranoia thing running rampant. Half of the immigration issue in the States, I am convinced, stems from the fact that Southerners can't tell the difference between May-hi-cans and teh Mooslems cause their necks ain't red enough.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I have mentioned in my own teeny voice, in just a teeny little way, what I might consider to be a small and creeping little tendency in the UK towards mildly encroaching surveillance. Maybe you noticed. Dunno. Easy to miss.

An anti-terrorism campaign by London’s police forces is exploiting the public’s paranoia in the hope of catching would-be terrorists in the act. It will also have the effect of making life even harder for press photographers. But maybe the erosion of press freedom might be seen as a bonus by the Metropolitan Police.

Yeah, that's good.

Read the article. It's good and I have little if anything to add.

No comments: