Saturday, January 10, 2009

Truth in Avertising?

Seriously, you're going after the bus ads with the truth in advertising laws.
Fuck me.
New Humanist Blog: Christian Voice lauch complaint over Atheist Bus Campaign
It was no surprise to see it reported on the BBC that Stephen Green has lodged a complaint with the Advertising Standards Agency over the Atheist Bus Campaign and its slogan "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

No surprise that a complaint was lodged, but how does a god-botherer type scrounge up the 5 extra balls needed to launch it through the Advertising Standards Agency? When you say that takes a lot of balls.
Now keep in mind this lad got routed when he tried to have the Jerry Springer musical banned.
Anyway:
Green's complaint has elicited a fantastic response from the British
Humanist Association's chief executive Hanne Stinson, who told the BBC:
"I've
sought advice from some of our key people here, but I'm afraid all I've
got out of them so far is peals of laughter. I am sure that Stephen
Green really does think there is a great deal of evidence for a God
(though presumably only the one that he believes in), but I pity the
ASA if they are going to be expected to rule on the probability of
God's existence."
So they're not taking Green seriously
then? Which brings me to my usual question on this matter - why is the
BBC still taking him seriously?

No comments: