Thursday, March 19, 2009

I call Shenanigans.

Shenanigans at the New Scientist.
The other day I posted a link to an article in the New Scientist on spotting a hidden religious agenda (still available here). If you click through to the article, here's what you get:
New Scientist has received a legal complaint about the contents of this story. At the advice of our lawyer it has temporarily been removed while we investigate. Apologies for any inconvenience.
It's been pulled. Apparently someone made a complaint. It's not clear who did but the conjecture is flying.
Pharyngula: Come on, New Scientist
Sandwalk: What's Up with New Scientist?
New Humanist Blog: What's going on at the New Scientist?

I'd just say that no one is happy. New Scientist is one of the few magazines I still buy because it's such a good resource. Okay I get it for the centrefold. Still, I sometimes read the articles. I think that it's sullying its reputation here by caving in at the first sign of resistance.


No comments: