Thursday, April 05, 2007

More Catching Up

Managed to catch 2 friends on the phone this weekend.
First is Friend MDC and former co-worker Friend GD. Both are still in Tokyo on very different life paths. Friend MDC is a bit flaky at times; a good soul buffeted by the complexities of navigating life. Friend GD has reluctantly been promoted and is now gaining further responsibility (and money). I f I'd stuck around that would have been me 4 years ago, I like to think.
There's an uneasy comfort that comes from knowing that certain friends will continue a cycle and others will continue a trajectory.
All this comes as the wife and I are preparing for some guests this weekend. Friend HB is coming down with his wife from Yokohama and Friend KP is dropping by from Ol' Blighty. Should be a raucous weekend.
--  From: 	The Eternal Gaijin 	Lost Somewhere in Kobe, Japan 	"Words Cannot Describe What I Am About To Tell You."

No comments: