Monday, March 10, 2008

Gaijin by the Numbers

Today is my Japanniversary. As dates with infamy go, it's not likely to live in the same way...

So about the Blogger id:
外人 (がいじん) gaijin. Japanese word meaning 'foreigner' (lit. outside person) diminutive of more formal 外国人 (がいこくじん) lit. outside country person.
永年 (えいねん) einen. long time, many years.
'Eternal' is actually 永遠 (えいえん) ei'en. Still, nobody reading this blog speaks Japanese so I think I can get away with it.

Some Numbers
1 - number of years ago I returned to Japan.
14 - number of years ago I first came to Japan.
10 - number of years I have spent in Japan.
40 - my age
7 1/2 - years I've been married
585 - number of posts before this one.
6075 - Today's rank on the Truth Laid Bare Ecosystem
4 - The number of kilos I'd like to shed.
180 - my height in centimetres. Don't ask me imperial. I don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nihongo ga hanasemasu! Sukoshi.

Why did you first go to Japan? What is your job (if you don't mind me asking)?