Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ah, yes. The war continues...

This post is recovered from the depths of time. I think I've re-written and reposted it already, but I'm a completion freak
Okay, so this post kinda blew. I was doing it around some other things coming up at work and didn't really think it through coherently. I've pulled the last paragraph and will make a comment on it seperately.
The NCSE website has a good article talking about the latest problem with teaching the basics in schools in Jesusland: self-censorship just to be able to sneak in the basics without parents exploding.
An Arkansas (now 30% more educated than plankton!) newpaper ran an article about the difficulties of actually teaching the guidelines, and unbelievably (to me given the nature of the Bible Belt down there) got some letters of support surprises me somewhat.
It's worth checking out the links. There's a lot of good information there. People need to realize how it affects everyone.

No comments: